Monday, July 02, 2007

I'm not denying the fact that I'm on a power trip.

This is a very critical week for me.

Why is that? Because for the next four days, I will have my very own office. That's right: roughly 20 feet by 20 feet all to myself, in which to do distracting things like eat very crunchy foods (think apples, potato chips), and to develop irritating nervous habits like incessantly clearing my throat and clicking my pen without fear of creating inter-office animosity. Why the sudden power trip? A large promotion within a week of working here based on my proven excellence? Not exactly. The coworker I share the office with happens to be out of town until Thursday. Nevertheless, I still plan to take full advantage of the fact that I have my own office space by temporarily displaying my personalized gold-plated nameplate (Ashley E. Freeland: Chief Executive Senior President), and by periodically pacing around my office with a mug of coffee, furrowing my brow in a fit of imagined frustration. Because as I said, this is a very important week for me.

1 comment:

Jonk said...

You with your own office? God help us all.